Thursday, August 13, 2009

Business Cards - A Must For Network Marketers

To begin with I didn’t expect to be using business cards for my network marketing business. Having been in the corporate world, I was used to carrying cards and giving them out at the slightest opportunity; but I thought that Network Marketing would be different.

I was wrong.

Once I bought my first batch I realised how much I’d been missing without them. Now I use them all the time. They’ve become my representative in a very real way. I give them out, leave them in public transport, in shops, or wherever I can reasonably leave them. I want people to know who I am and what I stand for.

Above all else they make me look – and feel - much more professional. People see that I’m not running a backroom hobby but a real, professional business. And in network marketing, as in just about anything else in life, a good image is truly critical.


Make them Memorable

The more our business card stands out from the normal, the more effective they will be. I’ve seen postcard sizes cards, cards in strange shapes, and cards of many colours. All designed to stand out of course. Above all else they need to be professional – the person you give them to may not even consciously realise it, but a shoddy, home-made card will at least subconsciously create a bad image in their mind. So always get them professionally printed.


Make Them Easy to Read

Legibility is critical. At the very least your name, phone number, email address and web site should all be large enough to read easily, even by older people whose eyesight may not be the best. If people have to struggle to read your personal details they probably won’t bother!


Always Carry Them

Any marketer worth their salt always carries business cards with them. Use them regularly. Murphy’s Law says that the very time you don’t have them with you will be the time you need them most!


Hand Them Out With Pride

If your cards are good, you WILL hand them out with pride, and you’ll represent your product with more pride too.


In short, whatever else you need to stint on. Don’t stint on business cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment