Thursday, March 11, 2010

THE 3-PART APPROACH WHICH I USE TO TRAIN MY NETWORK MARKETING DOWNLINE

In my last blog I emphasised the importance of effective training, and promised to describe my own method in a future article. So here goes.

After a heap of previous, costly failures, I finally came up with the following approach which works well for me. There are three distinct elements to it:

1. A Basic Training Presentation

We conduct a regular, usually weekly, basic training course. Whenever anyone in my downline shows an interest in taking up the business opportunity, no matter how far down the structure they might be, they are invited to take this one basic training course. (Obviously I can't prevent others in my downline from giving their own training, nor would I want to - but I hope and believe that everyone is being invited to my basic training course).

The material consists of a Powerpoint presentation which we have developed, supported by some in-depth videos about the product and how to present it to prospects. The Powerpoint presentation itself goes into issues such as how to set up a business, start-up and on-going costs to budget for, how to find and approach prospects, etc. Wherever possible we use material provided by our supplier, and in some cases we have developed material of our own built around some of the supplier's information.

In total the training takes about 2 hours. At the end, each trainee leaves with a considerable amount of both soft copy and printed material, which we ask them to study over the next 4 weeks. We ask them to come back for an 'examination' on the material about 4 weeks later, and in the meantime we advise them not to practice their new business.

In my experience the trainees leave this basic training enthusiastic and excited. They know that if they learn and follow the pattern presented to them they have a great chance of building a successful business. I think they also appreciate the fact that someone is really concerned to help them in this way.

To avoid variations and inconsistency, I always either give this basic training myself or arrange for a very trusted colleague to do it. Of course, not everyone lives close by, so we have recorded an on-line version which people can download as required.


2. The Examination

This is actually quite a simple written test which the trainees who have undertaken the basic training are encouraged to come and sit. Again, this can be done remotely if required.

Candidates who pass receive a Graduation Certificate and can feel confident that they are ready to begin building their own business.


3. Monthly Information Meetings

All our trainees and graduates are invited to a regular monthly Information Meeting. At this meeting we

* present new graduates with their Graduation Certificate;

* have a presentation on some aspect of our products or Network Marketing business.

* enjoy each others' company.

The objective behind these on-going Meetings is to maintain communication and enthusiasm within the team. It is all too easy for interest to fall, and when this happens one's business can disappear very rapidly. The Monthly Meeting is designed to minimize this, and does seem to help a great deal.


We have found this 3-part approach to work very well for us. It takes some work, but it's well worthwhile - and in fact I see training as probably my most important business responsibility today. Obviously, you may choose to follow a different approach, but I can certainly recommend the above to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment